Looking for some additional photos on the Risto Olimpico before buying?
A gallery on Risto Olimpico production model has just been added, and can be found here:
Risto Sports is proud to announce the luanching of our new model: The Risto Olimpico:
As mentioned in our July 15, 2012 blog post, Risto Sports worked with a NYC designer, Storm Lewis, to develop a new and, even better model (http://www.ristosports.com/blog/?p=452). Well, moths of work ensued to bring the Olimpico to life. This included – finding a new manufacturing site, developing improved manufacturing methods, upgrading styling, adding performance features, improve long term durability of the shoe, and continuing to improve the overall quality and value of the shoe.
Why you should buy this shoe?
1. It will make you lift more! It’s designed by weightlifting experts and will outperform any flat sole shoe.
2. Hard wood heel insert, at a height that is optimized for hitting max snatches, clean and jerks, and squats.
3. Hand made in fair trade* conditions, by the only female run factory in Ecuador, in the America’s- just watch here:
4. Full leather upper ( Leather interior and exterior upper), for supreme fit that will improve over the lifetime of the shoe
5. Way cheaper than the big brands. The Risto’s are priced more than $20 less than the big brands.
What is different from our previous models?
1. It is lighter, because CrossFitters like light shoes.
2. Super flexible forefoot to improve jerks and decrease break-in time:
3. Even more green footprint.
These models are made in Ecuador and are locally sourced. The leather, wood, and natural rubber all come from the area, reducing the carbon footprint.
4. No more metal eyelets on the exterior of the shoe.
Eyelets are only visible on the interior of the upper and not exposed on the exterior. This prevents them from damage and increases durability of shoe.
5. Improved drying methods extend life of the shoe exterior sole
Due to improved drying techniques, the seal between the rubber exterior footing and the wood heel is more durable.
To celebrate Election Day, the Risto Olimpico will be available for pre-sale Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
*Important Note: Currently, there are no Fair Trade organizations which certify products like weightlifting shoes. Hence, we have not sought fair trade certification.